Inclusive Education Practitioners – Stoke & Gailey
Are you looking to progress within the Education sector? Are you specifically interested in working with young people with behavioural difficulties and SEN (special educational needs)?
We are currently recruiting Inclusive Education Practitioners at our Stoke on Trent and Gailey education facilities for immediate starts. This is a varied and challenging role where no two days are the same!
You will be responsible for delivering a bespoke package of academic learning including basic maths, English and ICT to learners (aged between 11 and 16 years). Many of our learners have Special Educational Needs and exhibit challenging behaviours (2:1 or 2:2 staff:student ratio).
You will also accompany learners to exciting off-site activities such as water sports, mountain biking, climbing or raft building helping to enrich their learning and building social skills. Closer to home you’ll work with them on domestic tasks like cooking and maintaining the environment.
The role involves preparation of basic academic learning material, delivery of learning objectives, setting work, marking and tracking student’s progress. The role is intensive and you will be interacting with parents/care givers to report on student’s behaviour on a daily basis.
What we need from you :
* Applicants must be over 18 years old
* hold a full UK driving licence (less than 6pts)
* be prepared to undergo a DBS check (we’ll instigate this for you if you don’t already have one)
* be confident in providing support to an apprentice training alongside you to become an IEP themselves
* If you hold 2 or more recognised outdoor qualifications you’d have a distinct advantage.
What we offer you:
* Salary £16,280 pro rata (Term Time Only – 39 weeks per year)
* Working hours 8.30am – 4.30pm
* Opportunity to work and learn at our outdoor education facilities outside of term time.
Working hours are typically 8.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday term time only, with a further 5 training days throughout the year (weekends or non term time by agreement).