Outdoor Activity Instructors – Various Centres
We are currently recruiting Outdoor Activity Instructors in a variety of specialisms to work in our activity centres at Astbury, Cheshire; Trafford, Sale and Underbank, Sheffield.
Instructors are required to fill seasonal roles and to come on board as freelance staff – for the right candidate a full time, year round role may be available.
Our instructors will deliver a variety of adventurous outdoor activity training, leading and supporting individual clients and groups of all ages in their specialism – we want our clients to enjoy their adventure and leave them eager to come back for more!
- Planning and preparation of outdoor delivery including safety briefings, equipment and kit checks and planning fun filled activity sessions.
- Delivery of activities for which you hold the appropriate qualifications, or for which you have been in-house assessed, and assisting alongside staff of a relevant level of qualification or experience.
- Promoting and enabling social development opportunities.
- Active maintenance of equipment to ensure the ongoing safety of clients and staff.
- MANDATORY CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- you must hold at least 2 national governing body awards, ie, BEL, SPA, CWA, BCU, UKCC Level 1, RYA DI, etc, or equivalent.
- current Outdoor First Aid qualification (min 16 hour)
- Experience delivering outdoor activities and training
- A passion for delivering outdoor adventure and education
- Full UK driving licence
- Flexible approach to working hours and able to work away if required.
- Other national governing awards, ie GNAS, Fencing, Power Boat L2, ERCA, SUP, Bellboat Helm, DofE, RPIOL or APIOL
- Personal supporting knowledge of a broad range of outdoor and adventurous activities
- Continuing personal participation in outdoor and adventurous activities
- Experience of youth work or working with emotional, learning and behavioural difficulties
- Proven ability to manage challenging situations and leadership and influencing skills
- Full UK driving licence withj D1 or D1+E entitlement
- Experience towing a trailer.
Salary is dependent on qualifications – once we have confirmation of your current certifications we will provide you with a salary illustration.
Working Days/Hours: Our centres are open 7 days a week during the summer season, staff work on a rota basis agreed in advance with the Centre manager. Due to the variation of our activities and changing customer requirements our working day is of a flexible nature. Working days are normally approximately 8 hours.
Safeguarding: Successful applicants will need to go through the DBS process or hold a portable certificate.