About DofE Expeditions
Peak Pursuits is an Approved Activity Provider to deliver DofE Expeditions. We can provide for all levels of the Expedition section.
Expeditions have journeying as their principal component and aim to encourage a spirit of adventure and discovery. They provide young people with the following benefits:
- Gain an appreciation of and respect for the outdoor environment.
- Learn the value of sharing responsibility for success, through leadership, teamwork, self-reliance and co-operation.
- Learn the importance of attention to detail and organisational ability.
- Develop and demonstrate enterprise and imagination.
- Become more self-reliant.
- Become more able to overcome both expected and unexpected challenges.
- Recognise the needs and strengths of others.
- Improve decision-making skills and the ability to accept consequences.
- Gain the skills to reflect on personal performance.
- Learn to manage risk.
- Learn through experience.
What is involved?
The Expedition section involves planning, training for and completing an unaccompanied, self-reliant expedition with an agreed aim.
All participants must do at least one Practice Expedition and a Qualifying Expedition (the one that is assessed) in order to complete the section.
Expeditions must be completed by the participants' own physical efforts with minimal external intervention and without motorised assistance. The route should be a continuous journey.
All Qualifying Expeditions are assessed against a list of 20 conditions.
Contact Peak Pursuits today or call us on 01782 722226 to discuss your requirements.