Apprentice Teaching Assistants – Stoke & Gailey
Apprenticeship – Supporting Teaching & Learning L2
Do you love the outdoors AND helping other people learn?
Want to earn a wage whilst gaining a nationally recognised qualification?
We are looking for apprentices who have tons of energy and enthusiasm for the education and outdoor activity industry as well as a willingness to support learners with special educational needs and challenging behaviour.
Based at one of our schools in Stoke-on-Trent or Gailey (nr Cannock), and regularly visiting various outdoor locations, our apprentices will be working alongside our Inclusive Education Practitioners (IEP) to deliver a bespoke package of education blended with outdoor activity.
You will support the delivery of academic subjects including maths, English, ICT, etc to students (typically age 11-16) with challenging behaviours and special educational needs. As part of that delivery you’ll also participate in outdoor activities (eg, mountain biking, kayaking and more) .
During term time you will work from 8.30am – 4.30pm. Your IEP (who may have started as an apprentice themselves) will take the lead for the day to day management of their learner’s bespoke curriculum; and you will support and learn from them; hopefully following in their footsteps at the end of your apprenticeship programme.
Outside of term time you may be required to work at one of our fully equipped Outdoor Activity Centres helping to deliver a wide range of activities ranging from climbing to kayaking to orienteering to raft building. You will need to be flexible and happy to work occasional weekends on a rota basis. This is another area of the role where you can really get stuck in and learn some awesome new skills outside of the classroom. You may also be involved in preparation of our facilities for the next academic term.
What we offer you:
* Level 2 Diploma in Supporting Teaching and Learning
* Functional Skills level 1 maths, level 2 English, level 1 ICT (minimum)
* Employee Rights and Responsibilities. Salary £3.70 per hour.
* Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
* The possibility of a permanent role upon completion of the apprenticeship and the opportunity to progress into an Inclusive Education Practitioner Role (conditions apply).
What we need from you :
* You must be age 18 or over
* Maths grades C or above (or equivalent) English and ICT GCSE grade C or above (evidenced with original certificates)
* You must be willing to undertake a DBS check
* Be happy to commit to apprenticeship training requirements (lasting for 1 year) which will include self-study both during and outside your working hours.
* A flexible attitude and able to communicate with learners of a variety of ages and backgrounds
* You must have a positive attitude and enthusiasm for the outdoors!
* The desire to help others to learn, to motivate and to support others to recognise and achieve their potential.
This apprenticeship will be hands on, challenging and will stretch you to your limits but most importantly it will be fun and exciting and will develop so many important skills for your future.
We hope that you will want to stay with us after your apprenticeship and become one of our respected Inclusive Education Practitioners.
We place apprentices at our schools in Stoke and Gailey. To apply, please email [email protected] to request an application form.