Apprentice Teaching Assistant – Audley
Could this be the perfect opportunity for you take the first step on the ladder of your teaching career?
Would you like to help people learn whilst working towards a nationally recognised qualification (NVQ Level 2 Supporting Teaching & Learning)?
We are currently looking for an apprentice (aged 18+) to work alongside a senior practitioner supporting primary age learners with Special Educational Needs (SEN), many of whom demonstrate challenging behaviours. The role will be contracted at 44 weeks per year, i.e. term time plus 5 additional weeks (3 x half terms and 2 weeks in summer break).
This apprenticeship will be hands on, challenging and will stretch you to your limits but most importantly it will be fun and exciting and will develop so many important skills for your future.
You’ll be based at our education facility within Head Office at Audley, Stoke on Trent
You’ll contribute to the delivery of a bespoke package of education to SEN primary age learners on a day to day basis including basic academic subjects plus regular opportunities engage in enrichment activities, including outdoor pursuits. The balance of academic: outdoor activity is dependent on each learner’s capability and level of engagement.
Your senior practitioner (who may have started their journey as an apprentice themselves) will take the lead in managing the learner’s progress and will support your development whilst you assist them in learning delivery. Our aim is that you’ll follow in their footsteps at the end of your apprenticeship programme!
You will need a flexible outlook and a willingness to learn new things and take on new challenges.
What we offer you:
* Level 2 Diploma in Supporting Teaching and Learning
* Employee Rights and Responsibilities
* Personal learning and thinking skills
* The possibility of a permanent role upon completion of the apprenticeship and the opportunity to progress within the company structure.
What we need from you:
* You must be age 18 or over.
* Maths and English and ICT GCSE grade A-C (level 4 or above) – we will need sight of your original certificates.
* You must be willing to undergo a DBS check.
* Two satisfactory references.
* Your commitment to fulfil the apprenticeship training requirements (lasting for 1 year/4 terms) which will include self-study both during and outside your working hours.
* A flexible attitude and ability to communicate with young people of a variety of backgrounds.
* Positive mental attitude and enthusiasm for the outdoors!
* The desire to help others to learn, to motivate and to support others to recognise and achieve their potential.
Job Type: Apprenticeship
Salary: £6,512.00 /year