Centre Manager – Astbury
Activity Centre Manager – Astbury, Cheshire
To manage the day-to-day running of the Activity Centre, dealing with staffing, booking arrangements, client needs, equipment maintenance, health and safety issues and any other duties arising.
To co-ordinate with the Education Activities Manager in the delivery of outdoor activities for clients of Peak Education at the centre.
To collaborate with Sales Manager re. booking logistics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Liaise regularly with Education Activities Manager to co-ordinate and facilitate day-to-day delivery of agreed outdoor activities.
* Liaise daily with Sales Manager to co-ordinate and facilitate delivery of outdoor activities for private and corporate group bookings, birthday parties, seasonal programmes, themed events etc. ensuring availability of necessary equipment and appropriately certified staff.
* Co-ordinate and facilitate delivery for all Mobile Climbing Wall and Mobile High Ropes Course bookings as advised by Sales Manager (including securing appropriate vehicles to transport the equipment) and any other activity specific equipment which may be brought on board.Manage staff rotas to ensure appropriate skills are available to deliver scheduled activities.
* To co-ordinate staff training and in-house activity sign offs.
* Oversee regular maintenance of centre premises and all on site equipment in line with relevant H&S guidelines.
* Collaborate with HR for the recruitment of permanent, freelance and seasonal activity instructors as the need arises.
* Contribute to the day-to-day upkeep of the centre’s website and social media platforms, posting pictures, advertising events, responding to feedback etc.
* Any other duties that may from time to time be required to meet the changing demands of the business.
* Proven leisure management experience.
* Knowledge of the outdoor activities sector.
* Experience managing the logistics of an activity centre.
* Working knowledge of sector specific regulation and licensing requirements.
* Able to supervise centre activities and where necessary support delivery of the same.
* 2 national governing body awards, ie, BEL, SPA, CWA, BCU, UKCC Level 1, RYA DI, etc, or equivalent.
* Outdoor First Aid Qualification (min. 16 hour).
* Experience delivering outdoor activities or training.
* A passion for delivering outdoor adventure and education.
* Flexible approach to working hours and able to work away if required.
* Other national governing awards, i.e. GNAS, Fencing, Power Boat L2, ERCA, SUP, Bellboat Helm, DofE, RPIOL or APIOL.
* Personal supporting knowledge of a broad range of outdoor and adventurous activities.
* Continuing personal participation in outdoor and adventurous activities.
* Experience of youth work or working with emotional, learning and behavioural difficulties.
* Proven ability to manage challenging situations and leadership and influencing skills.
* Full UK driving licence D1 or D1+E entitlement.
* Experience towing a trailer.
Start date: ASAP
Salary: £21,000 pa (dependant on qualifications and experience) Hours of work: 40 per week
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: Management: 1 year (Required)
To apply, please email [email protected] with a covering letter and current CV.