Seasonal Instructors 2019 Season – Various Centres
We are currently reaching out to experienced outdoor activity instructors for the 2019 season.
If you’re an instructor who’s keen to deliver high quality adventure experiences to a wide range of clients of all ages get in touch!
Successful candidates will have a proven ability in the planning and preparation of outdoor programme delivery and/or classroom based training sessions; delivery of activities for which appropriate qualifications are held, promoting and enabling social development opportunities through outdoor activities. Active maintenance of equipment to ensure the ongoing safety of clients and staff is also a feature of the role.
Instructors must have a valid DBS (preferably subscribed to the Update Service) and full UK driving licence (D1 or D1+E, experienced towing a trailer is advantageous). We require applicants to hold at least 2 national governing body awards, ie, BEL/ML, SPA, CWA, BCU, UKCC Level 1, RYA DI, etc, or equivalent, GNAS, Fencing, Power Boat L2, ERCA, SUP, Bellboat Helm, DofE, RPIOL or APIOL, etc.
Working hours vary depending on activity and booking and a flexible approach to schedules is essential. Remuneration is by hourly rate which is dependent on qualifications based on an agreed number of hours over a defined period; additional hours accrued during the season payable at the end of the contract.
* Astbury (nr Congleton, Cheshire) – Water based activity centre
* Trafford (nr Manchester) – Water based activity centre
* Underbank Reservoir (nr Sheffield) – Water based activity centre
* High Ropes Centres at Trentham, Stoke on Trent & Manchester, Trafford Centre
* Indoor Climbing Wall, Audley, Stoke on Trent
* Off site locations across the UK to facilitate Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme activities and private bookings
* Outdoor Activity Leadership: 1 year
Required licences or certifications:
* Clear DBS – enhanced, with Child Barred checklist covered (preferably subscribed to the Update Service)
* Full UK Driving Licence – D1 D1+E minimum (no more than 6 pts)
* Min 2 NGB Outdoor Activity qualifications
If we don’t currently have a suitable role available, we’re happy to add you to our freelance contact list (conditions apply)
To apply, please email [email protected] with a covering letter and current CV