Outdoor Activity Instructor – Full time (Gailey)
We’re looking to appoint a full time* (year round) Outdoor Instructor based at our education facility at Gailey (nr Cannock)
If you’re a qualified instructor capable of delivering high quality outdoor activity sessions to a wide range of clients of all ages (including SEN students aged 11-18) get in touch!
Purpose: To deliver high quality adventure experiences to a wide range of clients of all ages (including SEN students aged 11-18).
- Planning and preparation of outdoor programme delivery and/or classroom based training sessions.
- Delivery of activities for which you hold the appropriate qualifications, or for which you have been in-house assessed, and assisting alongside staff of a relevant level of qualification or experience.
- Promoting and enabling social development opportunities.
- Active maintenance of equipment to ensure the ongoing safety of clients and staff.
- 2 national governing body awards, i.e. BEL, SPA, CWA, BCU, UKCC Level 1, RYA DI, etc, or equivalent.
- Outdoor First Aid Qualification (min 16 hour)
- Experience delivering outdoor activities or training
- A passion for delivering outdoor adventure and education
- Full UK driving licence
- Flexible approach to working hours and able to work away if required.
- Other national governing awards, i.e. GNAS, Fencing, Power Boat L2, ERCA, SUP, Bellboat Helm, DofE, RPIOL or APIOL
- Personal supporting knowledge of a broad range of outdoor and adventurous activities
- Continuing personal participation in outdoor and adventurous activities
- Experience of youth work or working with emotional, learning and behavioural difficulties
- Proven ability to manage challenging situations and leadership and influencing skills
- Full UK driving licence with D1 or D1+E entitlement
- Experience towing a trailer.
Safeguarding: Successful applicants will need to go through the DBS process or hold a portable certificate.
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week (need to be Fully Flexible due to nature of work) – Monday to Friday during term time, outside term time 5 days out of 7 to be scheduled on a 7 day rota.
Salary: Instructor Scale (£16,000 to £22,000pa)
*The role may be offered on a term time only or reduced hours basis to begin with (to be confirmed) – please specify on application if you have a preference.