Qualified Maths Teacher – Maternity Cover
FULL TIME (approx 32.5 p/w)
Maternity Cover commencing November 2018 based in Stoke on Trent
Peak Activity Services Ltd is based in Stoke on Trent with education facilities in Stoke on Trent and Gailey.
We are currently recruiting a fully qualified teacher to deliver Maths from functional skills up to GCSE level working from our Stoke on Trent facility. If you’re an experienced teacher looking for a flexible role, or a newly qualified teacher wanting to gain firsthand experience, we’d like to hear from you.
This fixed term, full-time teaching role provides a challenging and rewarding opportunity to work with young people (typically aged 11-16) who have special educational needs and who frequently demonstrate challenging behaviours. Results are achieved by delivering a bespoke package of academic learning including basic Maths, ICT, and Science subjects, blended with a broad range of social enrichment learning delivered through outdoor activities such as walking/rambling, climbing, mountain biking, canoeing, raft building and many more.
Supported by a team of Education Managers you’ll be an important part of a network of staff striving to help young people develop the safe and positive relationships needed to rebuild their young lives, enabling them to build a positive and productive future.
You’ll work with small groups of young people, most of whom will be accompanied by a dedicated education practitioner and an apprentice; it’s their job to create and maintain a calm learning environment and to manage any challenging behaviours that may occur.
Responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
* Planning and delivering engaging lessons.
* Preparing differentiated materials for pupils of varied abilities.
* Setting homework and classwork; marking work and providing learners and their support team with constructive feedback to ensure continued improvement.
* Monitoring student attainment and liaising with support teams to arrange intervention sessions where required.
* Preparing students for examinations and facilitating revision support.
* Have a recognised degree in the relevant core subject (desirable).
* Possess UK Qualified Teacher Status.
* Be able to provide an enhanced DBS certificate that’s registered on the Update Service (or willing to undergo a new DBS check).
* Peak Activity Services are keen to employ the most exceptional teachers; in return you’ll enjoy:
* Competitive rates of pay.
* CPD and Safeguarding training opportunities.
* Support from a team of Education Managers, Education Practitioners and apprentices.
* A range of discounts for activities across the wider business.
Job Type: Full-Time – 32.5 p/w
Licence: Teaching experience (Required)