SEN Teaching Assistant
IMMEDIATE STARTS AVAILABLE
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a number of SEN Teaching Assistants to join a leading SEN education services provider on an ongoing 2 year fixed contract, at our site in Stoke on Trent, to support qualified teachers in delivering the company’s progressive curriculum to young learners with challenging behaviours.
We specialise in delivering bespoke academic packages such as basic Maths, English and ICT, blended with a broad range of social enrichment learning through creative and practical approaches that include art, cookery and music through to climbing, mountain biking and canoeing, to young learners typically aged 11 to 16 years old.
As the SEN Teaching Assistant your duties will be to:
- Mentor, support and inspire learners and apprentices by being a positive role model.
- Support progressive curriculum based learning alongside qualified teachers.
- Assist with the preparation of learning material and contribute to the delivery of learning objectives with a strong focus on behavioural management.
- Report daily on learner’s progress and barriers to learning.
- Interact with parents/care givers on a regular basis.
The successful SEN Teaching Assistant will have the following skills and experience:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good organisation and problem solving skills, as well as the ability to prioritise work objectives alongside learner needs.
- Be a good mentor/role model and be able to engage with learners at their level.
- Emotionally resilient, non-judgemental, calm and patient.
- Previous experience working in challenging environments would be a distinct advantage, as would a background in youth work, teaching or complaint handling and resolution.
- Due to the nature of the role you must be over the age of 18 and hold a full clean UK driving licence.
You will be working between 8.30am – 4.30pm, Monday to Friday, during term-time only. Immediate starts are available for the right candidates subject to DBS clearance and satisfactory references.
In return, the SEN Teaching Assistant will receive £7.83 per hour (£1127.52 pcm) inclusive of pay in lieu of annual leave and bank holidays. You will receive free use of the company’s activities centres, CPD and training opportunities including First Aid, Safeguarding, MAPA (de-escalation and restraint), and where appropriate access to nationally recognised outdoor activity qualifications and academic learning.
Job Type: Full-time.