Senior Education Practitioner – Cannock
SENIOR INCLUSIVE EDUCATION PRACTITIONER
The Company is looking to appoint a Senior Inclusive Education Practitioner responsible for supporting the delivery of education programmes to clients. The successful candidate will report to an Education Manager and ultimately the Head of School.
This role is based at our school in Gailey, near Cannock and is full time, 45 weeks per year (term time, plus an additional 6 weeks including half terms).
Annual salary is paid in 12 equal monthly instalments of £1500.69 (inclusive of holiday pay).
You will work with SEN learners typically aged 11-18, who frequently demonstrate challenging behaviours. Results are achieved by delivering a bespoke package of academic learning including Maths and English (up to GCSE), ICT and a broad range of social enrichment learning delivered through domestic and outdoor activities.
We are particularly keen to hear from candidates who have previous experience in a youth work or teaching environment.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- supporting and monitoring performance of education practitioners in:
- the planning and delivery of teaching methods to achieve progression in pupils’ learning
- the development of apprentices
- producing informative student feedback on a daily basis
- collating periodic academic reports
- contributing to teaching and classroom management techniques encouraging best practice across the board
- monitoring, assessing, recording and reporting on staff activities
- management support e.g. team briefings, attendance monitoring
- developing rotas and work schedules in agreement with other departments and centres.
You will need:
- due to the sensitive nature of the role you must be over 18
- qualified to a minimum of Grade C (grade 4) in Maths and English (certificates required)
- a level 3 (or higher) qualification in child studies/youth work or education would be advantageous
- a working knowledge of teachers’ professional duties and legal liabilities
- experience of working in an SEN education environment (or similar)
- a full UK driving licence – you may be required to drive a company vehicle to transport clients
- able to demonstrate excellent planning and organisational skills and strong written and verbal skills.
Applicants must be prepared to complete an enhanced DBS application.
If you are successful at the initial screening stage, we will require at least 1 satisfactory reference prior to interview.
Salary: £1,500.00 /month
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Education: 1 year (Preferred)
If you feel this is the ideal role for you, please apply via Indeed by clicking here.